Ever dreamt of making French Crepes? Try this recipe below
750 g milk
250 g plain flour
6 eggs (approx 360 g)
1 egg yolk (20 g)
70 g golden caster sugar
20 g Grand Marnier (or White Rhum)
75 g butter
oil for the frying pan
1. Melt gently the butter in a pan for approx 4 minutes. Keep whisking until the melted butter turns to a light brown. It should be foamy.
2. In a large blender bowl, mix the eggs, the egg yolk, and the sugar together until it gets creamy.
3. Add the flour step by step and whisk until smooth.
4. Add the butter then, solwly, the milk.
5. Pour the Grand Marnier.
6. Set aside for one hour.
7. Pour in one laddle of batter in a heated frying pan (use a paper towel to put oil before each laddle) then cook your crepe 1 to 2 minutes until it starts to come away from the sides. Flip it over and cook for 20 to 30 seconds tops.
8. Serve straight away with your favorite topping. You can spread Nutella or jam, etc... on it. Or for those savoury lovers, have some cheese melt on top! Delicious!!!
When flipped over, don't cook it for more than 30 secs otherwise your crepe might dry. Bon appetite!